Monday, May 17, 2010

Will i forget alot about Judo after not doing it for 2 years?

Will i forget alot about Judo after not doing it for 2 years|||No doubt you will forget a little of it. You will lose your sharpness and react slower. I had a senior student a few years ago. He was a high ranked black belt, who decided to break away from my organization and go on his own. I warned him that not coming to classes himself would cause him to lose a few things and begin to allow some technical problems to sneak into his technique. About twoi years later I visited his class. The karate class was doing basic kata but had a move missing. When I asked him why he claimed that when I taught the kata the move was not in it. That simply is not true. The jujitsu class was even worse. His brown belts and black belts were messing up the basic pinning techniques. when I tried to correct them and show them what was wrong and why, my former student stepped in and interfered. Seems his ego would not let him admit that he was slipping. If someone with many years of training can allow things to change or slip away, you will too. You will not lose it totally. you will however change things without realizing and forget other things.|||it all will depend on how many times a week, and how many years did u train before u stopped, but you should still have a large amount of ur knowledge still retain ur will just need time to sorta re-learn or remember that u actually know what to do, i just stratred rolling again after about a 5 month layoff and i was pretty rust the first time, i wasent getting submitted alot but i has being mounted left and right, however since then most of my old tricks are coming back and i am starting to relearn the subs and actually submitting people myself|||I don%26#039;t think you%26#039;ll forget it. You%26#039;ll be rusty and out of shape for sure, but if you start up again, it will start coming back to you.|||a few years back i did judo in december till febuary and came back the next year in october and was better then before

No comments:

Post a Comment