Friday, May 21, 2010

My dojo is relocated I do judo and muay Thai what would be a good replacement ?

tkd, boxing bjj, ect


any art to improve on mt and judo|||Well, to improve on Muay Thai, you would probably want to do boxing or kickboxing. I%26#039;d stay away from the traditional Karate or Tae Kwon Do because their kicks really don%26#039;t mesh with Muay Thai%26#039;s as the bend in the knee and the turning of the hips that give Muay Thai kicks their power aren%26#039;t really present. Snap kicks are more prevalent, and I%26#039;d suggest not learning that style if you want to improve your Muay Thai.





I%26#039;ve never learned Judo, but I understand that it is a bunch of throws and grappling. So I would suggest Brazilian Jujitsu training for that, as it works on takedowns and grappling.





Now, not many other martial arts I know of do knee strikes and elbows while grappling like MT does. I%26#039;d suggest just shadowboxing and working the punching bag on your own for that one. Best of luck to you mate, don%26#039;t drop the training!|||going back to the roots by studying ju-jutsu would be excellent. Or, mix it up by perfecting you ground game with brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.





Kick boxing or Karate you be a good replacement for Muay Thai. If you are willing to try something different and new, try some kung fu.|||The best replacement is the one that has a good instructor. Hopefully it is nearby and affordable.





It is not the art. It is the individual and the instruction that makes a good martail artist.|||for striking:


Kickboxing, Boxing or Sanda





grappling:


BJJ, Sambo or Wrestling.





or try to find a MMA club that actually knows what it teaches.|||Do BJJ for the judo to perfect the ground game you have from Judo.





For Muay Thai I don%26#039;t know what I could suggest, but maybe american kickboxing if it suits you..





Good luck.|||capoiera|||karate or juditsu

No comments:

Post a Comment