Monday, May 17, 2010

Does judo teach defense for multiple attackers?

I%26#039;m wondering because I%26#039;m studying Ed Parker%26#039;s American Kenpo, and I%26#039;m wanting to expand my knowledge of the martial arts. And I want to study realistic martial arts; I also want to learn more about grappling so I don%26#039;t get schooled by a Brazilian JuJitsu expert. And I wanted to know if traditional Japanese Ju Jitsu is a good idea? |||That would depend on the school. I%26#039;ve seen a kata at a Judo tournament where multiple attackers and weapons were used. It was a very basic kata in my opinion. I wasn%26#039;t too impressed. But I love Judo!





In my class we were taught defense against multiple attackers, but on those days when that was being taught we were learning jujitsu.





When I was older an looking for a Judo class to continue learning. I discovered that most of the ones near me only taught judo for tournaments. Many people don%26#039;t realize that is enough to defend against multiple attackers. But it is not taught in the curriculum. Only one other class that I found taught it. They taught TKD along with judo. They were offered on different days.





Jujitsu is perfect for multiple attackers.|||traditional jujitsu takes a while to learn but all in all is if u have the required strength as good as bjj and judo teaches defence from many ppl but it is more competition oriebnted so not as much but it is a good way to branch into theh classical arts|||Yes, Judo teaches self defense against multiple attackers. BTW, Ed Parker is one of the very best in Kenpo. He was my sensei when I lived in Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment