Friday, May 21, 2010

How to make a homemade grappling/Judo mat?

i would buy one but i cant afford one right now and i would like to use a mat at my house for extra practice when i leave the dojo|||Buy foam puzzle alphabet mats at toys r us, they are half inch thick, and are only a few bucks for a pack of 26 puzzle pieces.





http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8%26amp;keyword...





I used the foam puzzle pieces a long time ago until I bought some real mats.|||Some types of carpet don%26#039;t give rug burn, so you can get a 20 x 20 piece from a roll end or classifieds in the paper. I used to roll in my living room with a non rug burning carpet put on top of my actual carpet and it worked well. Not sure how you would set it up for throws but at least you can grapple on it.|||carpet underlay. 拢20-拢30 for 15m^2, cut it into 8 strips and layer up with glue inbetween sheets so you get a bit under 2m by 2m square and about 2 inch thick


not great but will take the worst out of it.|||Blankets, thousands of blankets with packing peanuts in between and with felt on the top layer.|||Damn, that is such a specialty item, made particularly for the athletic drops and maneuvers that martial arts encounters.





I take it that you are meaning that you have a practice partner or two? This isn%26#039;t an excuse to get your girlfriend naked and practice your moves is it? %26lt;blink%26gt; %26lt;blink%26gt;





The only solutions I can think of would probably cost more than the proper mat! Like carpeting, unless you can find some soft carpeting that might not burn your skin if you rub your body on it in a fall or maneuver!





I don%26#039;t know. Maybe someone else knows?





Oh well, two more points in my wicker basket, and when I get to Level 3 I%26#039;m going to Knotts Berry Farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment