Monday, May 17, 2010

What are effective Judo Throws for MMA ?

This means Throws which would work on opponent with no Gi.|||What I%26#039;ve practice no-gi:





Tai Otoshi


Hiza Guruma


O Goshi


Osoto Gari


Seio Nage


Kata Guruma





I%26#039;ve also heard Ouchi Gari and Kosoto Gari are effective, but they haven%26#039;t worked for me.|||It%26#039;s more a matter of personal experience, training and exact situations. The most important thing would be the first be intimately comfortable with performing the throws in regular tachi waza while wearing the. The next step would be to train the throws without the gi by drilling and then finally work them into a sparring situation. Most judo in MMA that I%26#039;ve seen has been used as a counter to fighters recklessly closing the distance already putting themselves off balance.





But as for the throws I know are easily translatable there%26#039;s uchi mata of course, osoto gari, seoi nagi (the illegal-in-judo drop variation), ouchi gari, kata guruma (really more of wrestling%26#039;s fireman%26#039;s carry but they%26#039;re essentially the same) and I%26#039;ve even seen tomoe nage used quite a lot to success. Again it%26#039;s more part of a personal style and finding the right training methodologies.|||Most throws can be done with overhook/underhook grips.





Each person has their own.. but as far as the easiest transition.





Uchi Mata, Harai Goshi, Osoto Gari, Sasae Tsuri Komi Ashi, Morote Gari, Makikomi, Ura Nage.





Those are all pretty common in MMA.|||ive never practiced judo, but a style called %26quot;Shuai jiao%26quot;. I would check out the book %26quot;Shuai jiao for fighting%26quot; by Shou-yu liang. I think you would benefit greatly. Its similiar to judo. I know im not going to get best answer, and I dont care, but I would check out this book. Good luck bro.|||Watch some videos of Karo Paresian. (My son did and picked up a couple of terrific moves that he uses in grappling tournaments.)

No comments:

Post a Comment