Saturday, November 14, 2009

Should i crosstrain wrestling and judo?

I am currently on my high school wrestling team. I was just wondering if it would help my wrestling if I also trained in Judo. If not, should i crosstrain in any other martial arts such as BJJ? Thanks!|||Take Judo. BJJ wil give you more matwork, but only more matwork. Judo will broaden your movements standing up and on the ground.





If you were in a striking art, I%26#039;d tell you to take BJJ so that you would know how to fight standing and on the ground.


But since you already know ground work from wrestling, why do more groundwork right now?





Take Judo.|||No. Wrestling and Judo are two different sports. Since you are already in a ground sport, why not take grappling (no-gi jiujitsu) or BJJ?





Can you also add what are your goals that you are looking at adding a martial art to your repertoire?|||Yes, expose yourself to as many styles as possible. ALWAYS. The more weapons in your arsenal, the better.|||judod help your wrestling more but BJJ would make you better well rounded|||Check out Pankration.

No comments:

Post a Comment