Saturday, November 14, 2009

How can I get out of a judo hold where my arm is twisted up behind my back ?

In judo class I was flipped down by a 12 year old girl and then she held me face down on the matt with my arm twisted my behind my back. I%26#039;m 22 and a lot bigger. How can I get out of this hold|||IF she had you in a good hold on the ground, with your arm behind you, you can get out by tapping. Thats about it. Apart from that, it would rely on mistakes she made, and you would need more experience to take advantage of those, especially since you let her get your arm behind your back.|||I didn%26#039;t know they are teaching in this judo class. There isn%26#039;t a hold in judo that you hold a person face down. It is not a pin until you have control of their upper body and they are on their back or side. Once you have gotten to your stomach it is an escape. If they don%26#039;t turn you back over within a few seconds the ref has to stop the fight and stand you up to continue.|||MMMM how about asking here or someone in your class? I would say that would be better then asking here, since they can actually physicly show you the technique, rather then describe it, and you also at least know that the person telling you actually knows what they are talking about, which you dont here.





I doubt you train or you would already know this answer, about asking somebody in class. I mean that is what your instructor is there for, isn%26#039;t it. Dont try and learn to fight by the internet, please actually go train somewhere, rather then in your head.





If it%26#039;s a matter of being emberrassed because she is younger don%26#039;t be. She obviously has more experience and better technique, and there is no shame in being subbbed by anyone who is superior, male or female, if you learn and grow from i.|||When you%26#039;re on the ground, it%26#039;s really hard to get out of. If you%26#039;re standing, all you have to do is turn and walk to right (if she has your right arm) or left (if she has your left arm). As for getting out of it on the ground, ask your sensei to teach you.|||Extend your arm. Never let anyone take control of any part of your body. Try to scramble if they manage to throw you if not then just extend your arm and put it by your neck and cover for chokes. Do shoulder rolls any thing to make him or her lose the dominant position.|||basically u have to take away the torque from ur shoulder joint, two ways of doing that one u have to step away and roll on the opposite of ur shoulder ... or u can do a dive forward roll this should place ur legs between hers or on her stomach and then just roll , basically u have to create a scramble

No comments:

Post a Comment