Saturday, November 14, 2009

Is it ok for girls and boys fight against each other in such martial arts as judo? ?

I%26#039;ve seen how my nieces fight boys in judo. I think it%26#039;s abnormal. But I wouldn%26#039;t mind wrestling with a nice girl myself though :-))) What do you think?|||It is common for this to be done in practice. But it is rare to be done in a tournament. But it does happen occasionally depending on the ages and available competitors for each group.|||It is absolutely normal. Since there aren%26#039;t as many girls as boys in many types of martial arts, if the girls only fought girls they may only have a handful of partners. In partner work such as that found in judo, hapkido, jiujitsu, etc, it%26#039;s very important to have lots of people to work with and learn from. Plus - your nieces will have experience fighting boys if they should ever have to defend themselves from one. And the boys will benefit from learning humility and respect for the opposite sex by getting beat up by a girl.|||And who do you think they will be defending against in the real world? Who is going to try and assault them? 99.9% it%26#039;s a male, so they need to learn to handle themselves with men.





At our school the females are treated the same as the males. That means when sparring I will hit them the same strength as I would a man of their same build, age, and skill level. At testings when they do self defense they have to do it, and nothing is given to them.





What good is it if they need it on the street but have never done it against a man?





As for the %26quot;wrestling with a nice girl%26quot; comment, I garuntee you if you came into our school with that attitude, and tried anything beyond training, and viewing them as fellow students, you and I would have a talk as I bounced your a** out the door, as would happen in any good school. |||Any practitioner should respect their fellow students, male or female. Your niece fights against boys and I%26#039;m sure she works hard to win. No offense, but you disgrace this spirit with your innuendo about %26quot;wrestling a nice girl.%26quot;





A real practitioner should only have sex on the mind when they are off the mats. On the mats they should only concentrate on their technique and improving their understand of the art.|||My #1 reason for learning Kenpo was self defense after a violent marriage. What good would it have done me to only spar with women, when I needed to learn to defend myself against a military-trained man who was a full foot taller than me? After I accidentally threw a very large man across the room because I underestimated the effectiveness of a technique, I felt pretty confident in my ability to defend myself.|||haha! i dont see why not! guys may be a bit nervous and girls need to learn what fighting is really like, me as a girl would go crazy if the only people i had to fight are girls, they are to weak if you ask me, just a stereotype but still. i need someone tough who can take a punch without crying. i always fight the men in practice and when i compete (which has to be againts girls) its really really easy. like practicing harder math than you need for the test|||That comment makes me hope you NEVER get a chance to roll with a girl. If you came in making smart *** comments, you would be thrown out so fast your head would spin. You should treat them as you would with a male - they are nothing more than a training partner not something to get off on like your rude comments just implied. No wonder my sister won%26#039;t roll with men, because of %26quot;guys%26quot; like you. Keep those kinds of thoughts to yourself, son.|||to practice, yes.


to compete, maybe.


to fight, NO, please. let the sport be a sport.|||I think it%26#039;s fine and perfectly normal in clubs... though usually it%26#039;s boys v boys and girls v girls in proper competitions. However when it%26#039;s just sparring or a club tournament it%26#039;s fine.|||Why is that weird? You and your dirty thoughts.


It%26#039;s a wonderful way for a female to test her judo skills against a man. |||depends on the age in my opinion...up to around 12 i think its ok...after that GENERALLY the male becomes much stronger|||Fo Shizzel!|||i think it%26#039;s okay. it will just prepare them more for what%26#039;s out their in the real world.|||They want to vote and make the same kind of money we do, while taking everything personally. So I say, %26quot;Whip it good!%26quot;

No comments:

Post a Comment