Saturday, November 14, 2009

How can I improve my judo throws?

I am white belt, I think i am fairly good on the floor submissions but in the stand-up I get thrown tree times more than I do|||i think to be able to make a good throw, you need to strengthen your lower body so it can take the pressure of hauling somebody. i think it also makes a more stable support when you got strong lower body muscles|||I have the same problem. My ground work is solid but my weakness is takedowns. I%26#039;ve adapted my weakness into a strength by allowing myself to be taken down, but then working on my guard and my reversals. For me, I found myself focusing too much on the takedown to the point where I was telegraphing my techniques. I now take a more defensive approach and have found success with reversals.|||Hmmmm. Maybe some Sumo training would bring you to black belt level and you will never get thrown again. Eat a 50 pound bag of white calrose rice a week.|||There is one thing that will definitly improve your Takedowns!!





Practice!!





There is a guy at one of my Clubs and he is absolutly superb at Takedowns. But what does he do all the time?? He practices his takedowns. He chooses one takedown and drills that all lesson, then when he spars, that is the only takedown that he will go for!!





Practice Fella and you will get there!|||Practice.|||pratice more balance breaking tachniques|||Lots of Practice





Write down all the aspects of a throw after class. Compare your writing to books like Kodokan. Is there any aspect you missed or need to highlight.





Visualize what the proper throw looks like. This is effective.





Throw naturally. When it comes to Randori just act don%26#039;t try to analyze. Just flow.





Find the throws that work best for you. For Randori, you don%26#039;t need to use everythrow just a handful.|||I know the feeling. I have found that practicing other sports helps. For example, %26quot;Pushing Hands%26quot; a method of training for tai chi chuan can be very helpful for understanding your and your opponent%26#039;s balance. Balance in judo seems to be paramount. Also, core exercise helps, sit ups, pull ups, etc.


And I know this sounds like a cop-out, but it is similar to %26quot;how do you get to Carnegie Hall?%26quot;


%26quot;Practice, practice, practice.%26quot;

No comments:

Post a Comment