Friday, November 18, 2011

How can I keep progressing in Jujitsu with only Judo training?

My work schedule has changed and it is impossible to get to jujitsu class any longer. I still can train in Judo 2 times a week since it fits my schedule. How can I still keep progressing in jujitsu with out training. I can do some mat work in Judo.





There has to be something I can do not to lose all my hard work I put into improving? Videos, Exercise, Visualization? Something|||just concentrate on becoming proficient in judo and leave the ju jutsu until it does fit your schedule.|||Well concidering in Judo Ne waza is the same ground techniques that are in JuJitsu. Just ask your Judo Sensei to work on more Ne Waza. And if you are too concerned with your JuJitsu while training in Judo you can%26#039;t focus on it enough to really learn Judo either. Why not then just quit Judo and have more days to train in JuJitsu.


Personaly I think it is a wase of time and money to train in both as you learn the same things in Judo you would in JuJitsu along with all the throws and take downs... But hey it%26#039;s not my time and money.|||Actual training only works best.|||To get very good it would take the adjustment of your entire lifestyle in combination with making martial arts one of your top priorities. If you can%26#039;t do that, why don%26#039;t you try bartending?|||buy books on the subject and practice at home. learn everything about it.|||Maybe you should just focus on being a better judoka. Judo is good enough for the Olympic games, so why does it have to be jujitsu%26#039;s poor cousin in the US? Could it be that Americans just can%26#039;t seem to cut it at international judo(except for Jimmy Pedro), so instead they go off to some private dojo and do some esoteric martial art and hope that some promoter will give them $500 to fight in a cage? I%26#039;m not knocking koryu or Brazilian jujutsu, it%26#039;s just that I don%26#039;t think judo should get short shrift just because it%26#039;s not so fashionable these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment