Friday, November 18, 2011

For those who do Judo why would a throw work when you start and then with experience it stops working?

When I first started doing Judo I had a natural Ouchi-gari. It was one of the first throws I was taught. I used it almost exclusively when I started doing Randori. I would catch guys with borwn belts with Ouchi-gari. Now after a few years of training it is probably my least effective throw. It is almost always a failure. Has anyone else had a similar experience?|||I%26#039;ve got two ideas about this.... One, is similar to the other answers in that if you%26#039;ve been training in other techniques harder, you have possibly gotten sloppy about this one.





(Though you%26#039;ll find that as time passes, some techniques you do well now are not necessarily the ones you will do well at other times. The tactile and kinetic feel seems different at times.)





The other idea begins with this question.... Are you training with the same judoka as before? If so, I%26#039;ll point something else out. When you regularly train with the same set of people, they tend to get familiar to your strategies and tactics. IF in randori they are sure you are likely to resort to Ouchi-gari, then they start to watch for you for signals of it coming. Then, they are better able to counter it. Try laying off using it as your go-to technique, but focus on opportunities you can use it and practice your technique as opportunity allows.





Good luck.|||well it could be because like the above guy said yo just have better throws in your arsonal....or it could be that you think you are so good at it you have become sloppy and it no longer works because you just are not doing it right anymore.....i have had this happon with a throw before and i stopped and evaluated my movements and then resharpened them and it start to work again so maybe try doing that and it may come back to you :)|||probably because you know better throws know and that one just seems insignificant. I dont take judo but i do understand what you mean. when i first started it seemed as my backfist was one of my best moves and now it never works. now my best is my round kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment