Friday, November 18, 2011

Has anyone ever had to use Aikido or Judo in a real fight and how did you fare?

I studied Shotokan karate for a lot of years and had to use it in real fights and it was very effective. My strong suit was that I could kick very fast, too fast for the opponent to react to it. Anyone use Aikido or Judo in a real fight? Just curious.|||I worked as a bouncer for a few years in university and frequently used judo when I needed to subdue guys, tie up their arms, hold them down, or whatever. It worked extremely well. I also used it in a few minor skirmishes in high school, but the reality was that it has kept me out of more fights than anything else.





I once saw my brother (who had also trained in judo for years) take on one of the toughest guys in town and on the first punch that was thrown my brother used the other guy%26#039;s momentum and threw him in a textbook perfect throw. Fight over, the guy never saw it coming. The reality is that a well-trained martial artist, in almost any discipline, ought to have an advantage against an untrained fighter. Of course, other factors come into play (size, weight, attitude, etc) but good training often makes a massive difference.|||I use to work loss prevention in a large department store chain. I used the concepts and ideas from it mixed with my other martial arts did quite well. All the cops in my town openly admit that if they ever had to fight me they would just shoot me. I as well use to cage fight and again the concepts and ideas work well in that area as well. I haven%26#039;t been in an all out street fight in a long time but I believe that I will be very able to handle it if it ever arose.|||All these guys on here bragging about how tough they are and how many fights they%26#039;ve won should just direct people to their myspace page where they can talk all they want about themselves. REAL fighters don%26#039;t brag on themselves. I%26#039;m not talking about boxers or wrestlers trying to sell PPVs. I%26#039;m talking about real life fighters who are so bad they dont need to tell anyone how dangerous they are. You guys are all just wannabes, and even if you could beat me, I never said you couldn%26#039;t. I%26#039;m just making a point because thats probably the first thing that popped into your feeble minds. True fighters who study martial arts for the reasons for which they were originally intended (not to kick someone%26#039;s a____) don%26#039;t flaunt it. I wish you all would get off your high horses and stop giving martial arts a bad name which is what you are doing.|||Yes, I take ki-aikido ( a branch) and I have found it very effective against people with no greater training than launching a fist. I can throw someone who uses a regular punch in an easy movement. It%26#039;s kind of fun to do.|||It depends, policemen use Judo as their job is to take down bad guys and not hurting them unecessary.





For me, Jujitsu is the best, any opponent with strong martial arts like Karate or T.K.D,once his down to ground, Jujitsu rule.|||I did in school to a popular kid because he was annoying me and thought he only needed pure strenth and i dislocated his knee broke 3 of his fingures and broke his nose I wont ever use it unless it is an emergency|||judo works well as a compliment to shotokan if that is what your real question was ;) but keep the shotokan up its great for fitness and fun|||Hmm... I have a feeling that you are more curious as to weather a soft art will compliment the effectiveness of your Shotokan.





Your mind has already opened. You just need to make your own decision.





~Train well. Live well|||I practice Aikido I recommend combining it with Jeet Kune DO.


I have been in a few real Street Fights. Those 7 guys didn%26#039;t stand a chance.|||I have seen someone who had to use Aikido, and it was quite effective. He was a security guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment