Sunday, April 26, 2009

What is the best Judo dvd introductory course to be combined with a class?

I am looking to study Judo at home and wish to buy some dvds that I can study along with taking a class. It would be just some extra training that I could study outside the class and later try it in class. Does anyone have any suggestions?|||There are very few Judo DVD%26#039;s that aren%26#039;t just fight tapes or a specific Judoka showing you their style.


I would reccomend books instead they list all the katas and show pictures and give explanations on how to do them as well as all of the throws and grappling techniques. Books can also be taking to the dojo with you so you can reference them when training. Ask your sensei he should have a few books you can buy or borrow and you will need or should use them for grading anyways.


Go to Chapters or amazon and search Judo books. I reccomend Kodokan Judo by Jigoro Kano and Competition Judo. All others are either knock offs of Jigoro Kanos writings or ver one sided about that authors specific style or favorate techniques. Trust me I bought 5 books and returned 2 based on the author copying word for word from one book and just adding his own pictures...|||Mike Swain has a very good Judo Newaza DVD set. I%26#039;m definitely glad I purchased it. Of course that focuses on groundwork.





I%26#039;m seen some good DVD%26#039;s with Judo applications for no-gi. Karo Parysian has a good set but it is no Gi.





As far as Judo books I really like the Secrets of Judo.

No comments:

Post a Comment