Sunday, April 26, 2009

How do I preform a Judo choke hold?

I have been into Judo lately and I always seem to get behind an opponant very easily but don%26#039;t know what to do. They say a proper choke hold can subdue the opposing Judoka in 3 seconds. If you know how to do this or know of a site that does, please inform me. I am very interested in learning more Judo.|||I know of 2 ways depending on whether your opponent is standing or on the mat.





If he%26#039;s on the mat, pass your right arm around the front of his neck and grab the left lapel of his gi, then reach your left arm around the front of his neck and grab his right lapel. Your arms should be crossed in front of his neck at this point. Then pull his gi towards you, this will choke him with his own gi.





If he%26#039;s standing, reach your left arm around his neck. Grab your left wrist with your right hand and pull tight.





Only do this stuff with your instructor supervising!!!!|||PROB THE WRONG FORUM.


HANDS ON WOULD BE PROFICIENT?|||A tip in the area rather than a direct answer - using your hand run it down or around your apponents kneck/ throat it burns and really fells like a cut, made me jump. No hand toughening exercises are needed, not a Judo student, karate and touched on Krav Maga. Good luck with your question

No comments:

Post a Comment