Sunday, April 26, 2009

I need a strategy in Judo for going against an opponent who is faster than me and nearly as strong?

Usually I%26#039;m as stronger than any of the Judo people I randori with. There is one guy who is almost as strong as I am but he is faster. I need to think of a strategy where I can use my slight advantage in strength to offset his speed. This is more of a general question how to use power / technique to offest speed.|||The same way that you would use someones weight against them. Use his speed against him. Give him something that you know he%26#039;ll take but have a counter already in mind. People who are fast/quick in Judo and Jiu-Jitsu have the same problem. When they go for something they are fully commited. Very few are undercontrol. If you are able to stop or counter one of their moves, most likely they are in a bad position. Take advantage of it.|||Look for his weak point.


Use your strong point.





Spar against some guys who are slower than you and see what tactics they use to counter you.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment